全看树展主题 · 分页首页 上页
/ 2
下页 末页
家园 美国军方用孤儿院的少女种植梅毒做实验, 政府正式道歉

美国危地马拉梅毒实验

去年十月份,美国政府承认1946年在中美洲的危地马拉用不知情的当地人做梅毒实验,“被梅毒”者包括囚犯,士兵,妓女和孤儿院的孤儿。

本来美国人让感染梅毒的妓女与囚犯性交,但发现可以用直接注射的方法更高效率地感染健康人。

英国报纸Guardian采访了一个幸存者, 当年只有九岁的孤儿院少女, 现在74岁的祖母Marta Orellana。

The US scientists treated 87% of those infected with syphilis and lost track of the other 13%. Of those treated about a tenth suffered recurrences.

美国科学家医治了87%的患者,但13%没了下落。 医治的患者中有10%有反复。

Marta Orellana的治疗失败了。 她至今不知为什么当时她被选中。

女克林顿发表了statement为此道歉。 奥八电话危地马拉总统说"sorry".

点看全图

外链图片需谨慎,可能会被源头改

Marta Orellana, 74, a victim of the US syphilis trial when she was nine. 'They never gave me a chance to say no,' she says. Photograph: Rory Carroll for the Guardian

Marta Orellana, 74, a victim of the US syphilis trial when she was nine. 'They never gave me a chance to say no,' she says. Photograph: Rory Carroll for the Guardian

Marta Orellana says she was playing with friends at the orphanage when the summons sounded: "Orellana to the infirmary. Orellana to the infirmary."

Waiting for her were several doctors she had never seen before. Tall men with fair complexions who spoke what she guessed was English, plus a Guatemalan doctor. They had syringes and little bottles.

They ordered her to lie down and open her legs. Embarrassed, she locked her knees together and shook her head. The Guatemalan medic slapped her cheek and she began to cry. "I did what I was told," she recalls.

Today the nine-year-old girl is a rheumy-eyed 74-year-old great-grandmother, but the anguish of that moment endures. It was how it all began: the pain, the humiliation, the mystery.

It was 1946 and orphans in Guatemala City, along with prisoners, military conscripts and prostitutes, had been selected for a medical experiment which would torment many, and remain secret, for more than six decades.

The US, worried about GIs returning home with sexual diseases, infected an estimated 1,500 Guatemalans with syphilis, gonorrhea and chancroid to test an early antibiotic, penicillin.

"They never told me what they were doing, never gave me a chance to say no," Orellana said this week, seated in her ramshackle Guatemala City home. "I've lived almost my whole life without knowing the truth. May God forgive them."

The US government admitted to the experiment in October when the secretary of state, Hillary Clinton, and the health secretary, Kathleen Sebelius, issued a joint statement apologising for "such reprehensible research" under the guise of public health. Barack Obama phoned his Guatemalan counterpart, Alvaro Colom, to say sorry too.

Susan Reverby, a professor at Wellesley College in the US, uncovered the experiment while researching the Tuskegee syphilis study in which hundreds of African American men were left untreated for 40 years from the 1930s.

The Guatemalan study went further by deliberately infecting its subjects. Not only did it violate the hippocratic oath to do no harm but it echoed Nazi crimes exposed around the same time at the Nuremberg trials.

关键词(Tags): #少女#梅毒#美国#政府
家园 坐等柿油光环降临
家园 美国的731

估计还是避重就轻的,不敢曝光的不知道还有多少。

家园 伟大的米国就是能知错就改,改了还承认,承认还道歉

道歉还公开,公开还上报,你叫我们党国情何以堪!米国真伟大,这是体制的胜利,自由的胜利,民主的胜利,普世价值的胜利!

家园 美国确实有点不一般

前几年,美国的非法移民还集会游行,要求合法身份。你看那些个照片,非法移民们都是情绪激昂,义正言辞,振臂高呼,似乎美国就是应该放开边界让他们随意出入的。这也就是在美国,要换了其他国家,非法移民集会根本是不可能的事。

家园 广州围攻派出所的黑人暴走团笑了
家园 广州黑哥冲击派出所总体上说是治安事件

不牵扯到法律层面。而美国黑户要求的是修改移民制度,并且是个全国性的运动,在我看来,这是两个层面的事。

家园 如果在米国,非法移民敢到派出所闹事,那还不被突突了?

家园 反正下次再做,再道歉......
家园 没曝光的不知道还有多少呢

没曝光的不知道还有多少呢

本帖(曾)被判违规,无申诉/道歉帖,未达标。

家园 楼主是五毛!

五毛的话是不可信的,这是在造谣污蔑伟大的免猪米国!

什么?美国人自己承认了?伟大啊伟大,这就是免猪国家的伟大之所在!你们这些五毛怎么会明白免猪国家公开承认和改装错误的伟大之处!

家园 耶教徒不都是这样嘛,做了坏事去教堂忏悔下,再继续做,

这就是民族性。

家园 请不要歪楼

美国军方用孤儿院的少女种植梅毒做实验和非法移民游行有什么关系。转移话题太明显了。

家园 sorry...
家园 一码归一码

唐太宗再英明神武,干死了自己两个哥哥夺位就是铁打的事实。

全看树展主题 · 分页首页 上页
/ 2
下页 末页

有趣有益,互惠互利;开阔视野,博采众长。
虚拟的网络,真实的人。天南地北客,相逢皆朋友