淘客熙熙

主题:cited article, 中国除了不断地说“不”之外 -- parishg

共:💬53 🌺408 新:
全看树展主题 · 分页首页 上页
/ 4
下页 末页
家园 what is Beijing Consensus?

Actually, I realize that even domestic Chinese officials can not give specific description of this term.

Washginton Consenus is the propaganded term of the Republican wing of free market believers. It works for US to some extent, but was a disaster for Asia in 1990s.

You are talking about delinking money and wealth. How do you think Feds like that idea?

-- you did misunderstand how the system works. It has nothing to do with the decoupling between money and wealth. For Fed Reserve, it is merely a Dr/Cr. adjustment to reduce outstanding currency.

Oh, BTW, I do not think China elites will fundamentally reform the current system. The financial elites of US and China are much much closer than you wish them to be. The end result will be merely a great bargain between the two sides.

For them, nationality does not mean much, as well as national loyalty. You will understand what I mean 10 years later.

Let's wait and see the "history" of the next 10 years.

通宝推:lilly,
家园 Beijing consensus is also a

Beijing consensus is also a propaganda term. Whatever the "definition" if there is ever one, it means one thing: economy over ideology. More specifically, democracy, freedom, human rights, and all those lofty goals are subordinate to the objective of economic growth rather than a overriding factor.

You talked about Dr/Cr adjustment lightly. So why the fuss of QE2? That is also a Dr/Cr adjustment, only at drastically larger scale?

The the rest, like you said, let's wait and see. I don't think it will take 10 years though.

家园 宽松货币政策不构成威胁的前提是经济增长乏力

货币贬值的副作用常常是通货膨胀,这对美国来讲并非是主要问题,一是当前美国国内的通胀率不高,宽松的货币政策并不构成威胁;

宽松的货币政策并不构成威胁的前提是世界经济增长乏力. 原材料价格随美元下跌, 以美元计价的大宗商品价格不变.

二是由於美元是主要国际货币,被包括中国在内的许多国家用来作为储备货币,由於这以宽松的货币政策所导致的美元贬值的副作用将由全球来共同消化。

前提是联系汇率下的美元经济区不会收缩.

假如, 亚洲货币改与人民币挂钩, 人民币(对大宗商品)保持稳定, 兑美元汇率随美元下跌而上升. 美元贬值的副作用将由主要美国来消化.

由於这一政策,国际上以美元计价的商品价格都会大幅度上涨,对於那些坚持将本国货币与美元挂钩的国家而言,就面临进口通货膨胀的威胁。如果这些国家想控制通货膨胀,增加本国币值恐怕是无法避免的途径。

将本国货币与美元挂钩的国家可以调升汇率, 避免进口通货膨胀的威胁

在美国的双重政策进攻前,中国政府再也无法以静制动了。峰会前中国外交部发言人言辞激烈地谴责了政府的量化宽松的货币政策;同时也拒绝了要求各国将经常账户的节余控制在本国国民生产总值的百分之四之内的建议。但是,中国政府的反映是被动的。作为世界第二大经济体,中国除了不断地说“不”之外,没有能够提出任何可行的建议。这一现像反映了中国外交仍然缺乏与其大国地位相称的创造性思维。

美元依然是主导性的货币, 人民币只能见招拆招.

未来的十年, 美国必须在做一个选择:

1. 以保持市场的开放为代价, 输出通涨. 这就不能要求人民币升值. 中国是美元帝国的一部分, 与加州没太大区别.

2. 贸易保护主义流行, 要求人民币大幅升值, 保留通涨.

2008年的金融危机, 进而演变成经济危机, 与2006年到2008年人民币升值20%有直接的关系.

我的看法是(2), 美元兑人民币将有一个快速贬值期(每年贬5%-10%).

家园 不知p大说的是哪一个网站,能否给个链接。

此人的文章只见于博客,其他网站多是转载。

家园 劳驾,别拿圈子的东西来混事好不好?

出处s.com/gb/10/11/13/n3083610.htm]大妓院

中国说“不”,管用了没有?

去看看WSJ,NYT,再说

家园 不看立场,这篇对美国思路的分析不错

负资产不能花了

家园 送花送宝。中国不断进行的货币互换对美元挤出效应就很明显。

送花成功,可取消。有效送花赞扬。感谢:作者获得通宝一枚。

参数变化,作者,声望:1;铢钱:16。你,乐善:1;铢钱:-1。本帖花:1

家园 I saw that article

from haiguinet. Some people claim that he was the former deputy mayor of Tianjin.

BTW, I do not care what is his current political affiliation. But he does raise a very good point for china: how to lead the world by proposing an alternative monetary system to replace the current Bretton Woods 2. To gain global leadership, one nation needs to give a better system to the world and to maintain prosperity and growth.

There is one very good economist article last week. I strongly recommend it here.

http://www.economist.com/node/17414511

It mentioned SDR, or gold standard again or other alternative design.

On this forum, there is too much curse and name-calling, but nobody seriously is proposing an innovative way to go out of the current dilemma. Any criticism of china, even a constructive one, is a big taboo here.

家园 你得到了它

Any criticism of china, even a constructive one, is a big taboo here.

家园

“But he does raise a very good point for china: how to lead the world by proposing an alternative monetary system to replace the current Bretton Woods 2. To gain global leadership, one nation needs to give a better system to the world and to maintain prosperity and growth.”

Key point!!!

家园 美国还能象80年沃克尔加息加到超10%么?

这是许多人立论的基础.当然,那样很多新兴国家就会爆掉.但是,我看到某人的一个有趣的分析.说美国的金融衍生品市场捆住了美国的手脚.

大量的衍生品的设定的前提是利率不超过5%,过了5%美国要先爆掉.

我无能力做分析.

家园 加息加到超10%

will not happen for at least 10 years. USD will experience a long period of weakness against major Asian currencies (though not necessarily against Euro).

it is deja vu of 1970s.

USD needs weakness to inflate away liabilities for gov, corporations and individuals. And last time it took more than 10 years to achieve that. There will be enough time for all major banks to adjust their exposure to various derivatives.

When US economy came back again with new innovations and solid growth, interest rate increase becomes a natural outcome in line with the interests of the financial industry. Anyway, the current weird yield curve structure makes it very hard for banks to earn interest income from their main business. Their trading income has been severely constrained by the Volcker's rule.

There are all kinds of interest rate derivatives for several decades. Those derivatives are not today's invention. But in 1995, Fed did start to raise interest rate. As you say, 那样很多新兴国家就会爆掉.but, Americans are quite selfish here. They care more about their own national interests only.

BTW, my impression is that Fed and major bank heads have constant info exchange through various private channels. Fed and Treasury actually know quite well what is happening at major banks.

家园 其实老兄看看美国这边怎么评价这次会议可能更有启发。
家园 特意去看了看,只有一个跟帖者说,此人是天津?的前副市长。

这个跟帖者不知是什么来头,我专门去查了相关网站,可以确认,这个说法不确。而且,胡少波同学的主要发文的基地就是大纪元,这可能引起大家的一些质疑。我想老兄不应由此得出上述结论吧,这个bbs里批评中国的并不少,但站在美国的立场批评中国,确实很难得到共鸣。

家园 北京共识也是外国人总结的吧

我不认为目前中国现有的模式可以谈得上是一个共识,或者说是普适的。从另外一个角度来看,如果中国能够有节制地使用自己的力量而不是走帝国主义的老路,那么就已经是一个巨大的贡献了。

全看树展主题 · 分页首页 上页
/ 4
下页 末页

有趣有益,互惠互利;开阔视野,博采众长。
虚拟的网络,真实的人。天南地北客,相逢皆朋友

Copyright © cchere 西西河