热力涌动的湖,倒映天空的镜;

没有鸟儿愿离开这儿向外飞翔。

奥秘的守护者,

脱胎自湛蓝的海洋。

The sultry lake, mirror of the sky,

From this place no bird shall fly

Keeper of the mysteries,

Born out of the cerulean sea.

It’s the first time I post something in ccthere even though I have been “here” for years. I’m terribly sorry that I am so poor in inputting Chinese that I had to post this with English. In fact I hate using English, and my Chinese is much better than my English.

My daughter, who is 12 years old now, likes to write poems, unfortunately, most of them are in English, as the reason everybody knows.

Last Sunday, we wanted her to show her talent while we seated beside a small lake in Central Park of Burnaby, BC. Her mother asked her to make it in a fastest way, something like the “七步诗“.

LD in my family just started the speech:” look at the beautiful scene before us! If it’s in ancient China, people might make a famous poem…” she even don’t have chance to finish her sentence, our daughter stop her in less than 30 seconds: “ I got it!”. That is the poem quoted above. The Chinese one is my translation, which is not a good one but better than nothing.

What surprises me most is not only the speed my little girl to create, but also the style of her thinking and poem. To tell the truth, I myself might make such a poem at the age of 22, or 32, but never at 12! I should worry about she is going away too far against her actual age! I really believe this will be “something good and bad”.

Anyway, it’s interesting and I just post it here for fun. I even make another “translation” which is something out of the original one:

镜湖环翠映苍天

众鸟留连此桃源

热流藏尽诸奥秘

青青悠悠年复年。

Here is another one, which was made in our little garden after dinner someday:

Rose

The rose that seeped its hues from dawn,

Trapped the glow that flows from stars gone

Felt the sunset cloud’s soft rain

Grew where loved ones now remain.

玫瑰

染来晚霞的一抹红倩,

索住陨星的四射火焰;

落日余晖里与浮云细雨外,

在那里生长着永存的至爱。

关键词(Tags): #“七步诗“#女儿的诗通宝推:huky,希宝,纳米小洞儿,
    • 家园 您女儿11年12岁,

15年也就是16岁,想令尊70多年前就16岁,如果我小学数学没有还给老师的话,你和令尊,必有一个是中年得子啊。。。不知道你女儿是否知道,她的爷爷其实很牛掰的,带队杀过许多日本人的,以少胜多,还能够自给全身而退。丰功伟绩,就不要轻描淡写吧,这个成绩, 切 格瓦拉泉下有知的话,估计都自叹不如吧。

• 家园 再贴几首

Untitled

All is forgotten in the rising of the storm,

All is forbidden in the bleakness of the morn,

All that is forsaken cannot be won,

Yet only those divided can ever be seen as one.

无题

一切都遗忘在风暴的上升气罩,

一切都禁止于清晨的冷漠格调,

一切都放弃因而无法掌握,

但从那些零散斑点可看出一体的猎豹。

Hope

Every darkness comes from light,

Only morning can bring night,

The blind will never see true sight,

Yet all these will be right.

希望

每处黑暗都来自光明,

只有晨光才能带来夜冥,

盲人永远看不到的非幻的风景,

尽管这一切还都是实情。

Light

Shadows flee before me.

I bring with me the day.

I create the balance that you see

In the hope of light to what is free.

暗影在眼前流去

我随身带着整个白昼,

你可借照亮自由的希望之光

看我构建的平衡宇宙。

• 家园 好诗呀!

我的中,英文皆垃圾,但是读你的女儿的英文是,仿佛能够感觉到音乐起伏一般的旋律感和生机四射的画面,的确天才!可喜可贺!窃以为,令千金的英文诗的意境和听觉,好像比老兄的翻译更加鲜明些,生机勃勃,“冲劲”十足,对世界的体验很直接,老兄的翻译内敛了不少。小弟胡说的啊,呵呵。

• 家园 知音啊!

天堂兄真是慧眼,我的译确不能完美体现女儿的诗。半老之人难免暮气,怎能比她的少年英气!

只是被她的诗感染,试着完成这 ”mission impossible”。

• 家园 从你翻译的来说,你的语文水平好高啊。
分页树展主题 · 全看

有趣有益,互惠互利;开阔视野,博采众长。
虚拟的网络,真实的人。天南地北客,相逢皆朋友

Copyright © cchere 西西河