淘客熙熙

主题:【原创】Don’t take sides -- pxpxpx

共:💬2 🌺3 🌵2 新:
分页树展主题 · 全看首页 上页
/ 1
下页 末页
  • 家园 【原创】Don’t take sides

Funny guy Chris Rock once said: “Crime, I'm conservative. Prostitution, I'm liberal!” Seeing his audience laughing and nodding like crazy, I am convinced this is actually smart, not just funny. But isn’t what he said actually common sense? And why such common sense could make a big bang to the audience?

Common sense: when common sense made a big bang, there must be something wrong.

Unfortunately, this is happening in CCTHERE as well.

Several days ago, I went through a thread started by the webmaster. The idea was to restate the forum policies in plain Chinese. To be precise, the language was as plain as daycare policies to toddlers. To be even more precise, the restated forum policies were actual American daycare policies!

As a website dedicated to promote Chinese culture, having such policies makes CCTHERE nearly a joke. To make it worse, all of a sudden, there are so many threads popping out discussing the so-called policies: what should be included, who should be punished for what, pros, cons, blah, blah, blah…

Where are those high quality and thoroughly & friendly discussed threads regarding history, economy, culture, travel, life, cooking and etc?

They seem to have been out for long.

All of these remind me a familiar phenomenon: no matter what, the first priority is always to be down with the gang, in other words, taking sides.

Common sense: DON”T take sides, take stand instead.

分页树展主题 · 全看首页 上页
/ 1
下页 末页

有趣有益,互惠互利;开阔视野,博采众长。
虚拟的网络,真实的人。天南地北客,相逢皆朋友

Copyright © cchere 西西河