淘客熙熙

主题:【原创】闲话水浒外篇 - 关于北宋货币的购买力 -- 无斋主人

共:💬34 🌺27 新:
分页树展主题 · 全看首页 上页
/ 3
下页 末页
    • 家园 I am completly ignorant on this topic

I know nothing on this topic. But I once studied how much one pound in Jane Austen's novels worth today's money. The usual estimate I read is about 1:25, which is based on the calculation of inflation rates.

However, this rate can cause some problem. In "Pride and Prejudice", Darcy's annual income is 10,000 pounds, which is about 250,000 pounds in today's money. It is still a lot of money, but does not seem to justify the awe and obesequiousness it produced on Mrs. Bennett. In "Sense and Sensiblity", the three Dashwood sisters and their mother lived on 500 pounds which means 12,500 pounds in today's money and just above the poverty line. But in the book, they still employed two servants and lived in a beautiful cottage. In Trollop's novel "The Claverings", a curate had an annual salary 70 pounds, which will mean starvation in today's money.

The problem with this method is that GDP per capita increases greatly over the last 200 years. The method based on inflation rates only measures how much one pound 200 years ago can buy today. But in reading a novel, sometimes we are more interested in the relative scale, that is to say, what is the position of 10,000 pounds in a nation's income distribution. In this case, I think 1 pound in 1800=100 pounds today is a better formula. It gives us a better idea how rich a person was relative to his countrymen.

Now return to ShuiHu. I think the price of rice can be used to calculate the inflation adjusted rates, and explain the prices of chicken and alchol. As to Song officials' income, or the 五两银子 武松 gave 郓哥, a rate adjusted by the rise in income may be more appropriate.

• 家园 有道理

关于一两银子合三四百人民币我相当同意。宋朝银两短缺现象非常严重,所以银价飞涨,跟现在不能相提并论。

不过有两点。一点是宋朝用银子做买卖的现象并不普遍。饭店里拍出一两银子的现象几乎不可能。另一点是一两银合一贯大概只是宋朝初期的兑换率,之后一两银能兑一千五至二千文。绍兴年间甚至有过一两兑三四千文的情况。

• 家园 的确如此

宋史上有记载,南宋后期一两银子能兑3贯300文。

而且宋代是以铜钱为货币的,金银不算货币,只

是方便携带,要用的时候还是要兑换成铜钱的。

这和明清两代是不一样的。

不过北宋一两相当于一贯还是合理的。我在文中

给出证据,根据王曾瑜先生的岳飞新传中的省扎,

40万贯相当于10万两银子加上5000两金子。而当

时就已经是南宋绍兴年间了。

另外我也必须取个简化的model,否则没法算了。

• 家园 ??嗦几句

闲话水浒,一开始是将一两银子折算成50元人民币的。这个算法一直被朋友们批评,所以好好花了点时间做了些研究,才有这篇文字,希望尽可能的自圆其说。也希望高手们多多砸砖。

分页树展主题 · 全看首页 上页
/ 3
下页 末页

有趣有益,互惠互利;开阔视野,博采众长。
虚拟的网络,真实的人。天南地北客,相逢皆朋友

Copyright © cchere 西西河