/ 1
下页 末页
  • 家园 【请教】想买iPAQ或者Pocket PC,300-500刀间价格

大家能不能推荐一款

需要mp3功能,USB接口,有没有blue tooth没有关系

不需要Navigation功能,但是一定要有adobe reader的软件

还有一个问题有没有linux的支持比较好的,还有有没有C++的编译器可以在iPAQ上用的比较好的

• 家园 Here is some information

What is a Pocket PC (PPC)? What models are out there?

A PPC runs Pocket PC 2002 or Windows Mobile 2003 operating system (built on Windows CE), which is a slimmed-down counterpart to Windows. It has much the same look and feel, but not all of the features of Windows (hey, how much can you get out of these tiny units?). You'll see the familiar Start Menu, taskbar, desktop, Control Panels (called Settings) and so forth. Navigation is pen-based, or you can use your finger if you don't mind smudges on the screen. The screen is a fixed portait oriented 240 x 320 pixels (specified by Microsoft). Most Pocket PCs offer 16 bit, 65,000 color screens. All have one or more expansion slots (Compact Flash and SD) which allow you to add more memory, modem and network cards. All WinCE and Pocket PC devices are compatible only with PCs running Windows 98, Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000 and Windows XP. They come with no Mac support, and USB requires Windows 98 or higher.

The PPC are generally a bit larger than a Palm OS devices, though more basic models are now as small as some Palm OS PDAs. You'll get the following applications with Pocket PCs: Pocket Outlook for mail, calendaring and task management, a Notes Application, Pocket Internet Explorer, Pocket Word and Excel. Input is done using the stylus and the on-screen keyboard, or via handwriting recognition programs included with the units. These recognition programs work remarkably well!

Pocket PC Phone Edition models incorporate a cellular phone into the Pocket PC, and are available on CDMA networks (Sprint and Verizon) as well as GSM networks (T-Mobile, Cingular and AT&T).

Pocket PC

Pocket PC 2003 (Windows Mobile 2003) was introduced June 2003 and it's the newest version. It's fairly similar to the original Pocket PC 2002 operating system, but it has numerous bug fixes, a more capable version of Pocket Internet Explorer that supports many current browser standards, improved networking capabilities and support has been added for XScale optimized 3rd party applications. It's built in the Windows CE 4.2 core, while older versions are built on Windows CE 3.0. You can read our Pocket PC 2003 Comparison here.

Pocket PC 2002 was introduced in the Fall of 2001. It's fairly similar to the original Pocket PC operating system, but the user interface and networking capabilities were significantly improved.

Generally, Pocket PC 2002 units physically differ from their Pocket PC forbearers in 2 ways: they have more built-in memory for storage, and faster processors. Pocket PC 2002 models were replaced by Pocket PC 2003 models in the summer of 2003.

The Pocket PC, introduced by Microsoft on April 19, 2000, is the oldest iteration of WinCE for the PPC. Microsoft felt it was different enough from Windows CE to warrant the new name. Also, Microsoft has never been able to gain a decent share of the palm sized PDA marketplace, and this new version and new name helped them to escape the "bad rep" of WinCE. Not that WinCE is bad, but it's more complex, being a version of Windows 98 that was ported to a very small unit, and in many ways and it required more learning and too many clicks to get to basic tasks.These models are discontinued and were replaced by Pocket PC 2002 in the Fall of 2001.

Standard Features of Pocket PC PDAs

They all include a stereo headphone jack and Windows MediaPlayer, which can play MP3 files on the units, and several free video players from 3rd party developers are available. You get Pocket Word, Pocket Excel, and Pocket MS Money. Handwriting recognition is a part of the operating system and works well. All PPCs come with MS ActiveSync, the desktop syncing app for Windows desktops. It syncs your Outlook data to the PDA (you can select what will be synced-- i.e.: you can choose to sync contacts but not email if you desire). ActiveSync supports "partnerships" with 2 different computers (i.e. home and work), and file/application install capabilities (in "guest" mode) from as many PCs as you like. Most all the Pocket PC 2002 PDAs have USB cradle connections, though serial cradles are often available for separate purchase.

Most PPCs have 32 or 64 Megs of RAM (memory), 16, 32 or 48 Megs ROM (where the OS and built-in applications are "permanently" stored) and a StrongARM processor running at 206 MHz or the newer XScale processors running at 300 or 400 MHz. Quite a lot of power in a small device! Most PPCs also has one SD card slot (generally used for memory cards) and some have a CompactFlash Card slot, generally used for adding more memory (these are the same memory cards many digital cameras use). The CF expansion slot can also accommodate CF modems, Ethernet cards and WiFi (802.11b wireless Ethernet networking) cards. Except for the now discontinued HP Jornada line, the CF slot is type II. Type II slots can also take type I cards. The iPAQ offers an accessory sleeve that allows it to take PCMCIA cards such as the Toshiba PC Card 2 and 5 gig hard drives and full size PCMCIA network/wireless cards such as the Verizon AirCard. For more info on storage cards read our Storage Card Review. For more info on WiFi Cards read our WiFi article and review. For more info on iPAQ Expansion Sleeves, read our roundup.

All the devices come with IrDA 1.2 infrared compliant ports, a stereo headphone jack, a stylus, built-in speaker and microphone, syncing cradle and hardware-based navigation buttons.

So the PPC has Palm functionality, often with greater processing, memory and graphics capability than many (but not all) Palm OS PDAs. The Pocket PC operating system is more demanding however, so it needs more processsing power and memory compared to Palm OS PDAs. Very nice color screens are commonly available in PPCs for about $300.

详情请看

外链出处

• 家园 Whereis highway?

Hi highway, Ni ye lai liang ju. It's working time for me.

• 家园 Sorry, I am kind of busy today!

Actually, I know nothing about iPaq or similar stuff. One of my friends asked me to buy a Pocket PC SDK for him half years ago. Pretty much that's all the experience I had.

I know in .NET, you can develop certain type of software especially for Pocket PC. But I haven’t tried it yet.

I am so sorry I can't help on this matter.

点看全图

外链图片需谨慎,可能会被源头改

• 家园 Buy a Pocket PC or not.

需要mp3功能,-- Any one.

USB接口,-- Host? hard to find. Client? Any one

adobe reader的软件 -- Any one, free download.

还有一个问题有没有linux的支持比较好的,还有有没有C++的编译器可以在iPAQ上用的比较好的

-- I think the most popular one (may be the only one) to run linux is ipaq. You can try linux on it and re-flash it back to Pocket PC. Of course, there're some linux models (not possible to run Pocket PC)

-- EVC++ is an IDE like VS6 on your Desktop PC but is able to debug your app on any Pocket PCs via ActiveSync. It's a free download from MS website.

The best one? Don't buy any if you don't have a strong reason. Or, if you have 200-500US$ to buy a toy, some points for you:

1. WM2003se has built-in support for VGA and landscape mode. Don't buy any one if no WM2003se update available.

2. VGA gives you 4 times more px than normal QVGA

3. It's easier to read with landscape mode.

4. WiFi support is a must or a CF card (50-100$)

Midels:

--- VGA

Toshiba e800 (in market), (amazon for 525$, you can download WM2003se update)

asus 730 ( may be july)

HP hx----( may be july)

--- QVGA

I'm using a Dell X30 (WM2003se). 3xxUS$ (10% off this week). It's a good one, I think. Remember to buy the model with WiFi.

ipaq, I have 3800/5400/4150, all run WM2003. There're good ones when they were released. But I don't think they're worth the price.

Don't buy Toshiba 740/750, CASIO.

Final words:

If youy desktop/notebook can last for 3 years. The life of a PDA is about 6 months, if it's not shorter. You must rely on them to offer you updates. Most of them would not do so. Then you'll be .

Good luck and enjoy the first week. (You'll wonder what can you do with it after the first week )

分页树展主题 · 全看首页 上页
/ 1
下页 末页

有趣有益,互惠互利;开阔视野,博采众长。
虚拟的网络,真实的人。天南地北客,相逢皆朋友

Copyright © cchere 西西河